*Schedule is tentative and subject to change
Indicates change in original schedule.
Rules of the Tournament
-Players can play on more than one team provided the teams involved are in different
divisions & sessions and they meet the requirements for that division. (Exceptions
may be made in certain situations (ex: injury, etc.)
- 3rd – 6th grade games will be played to 15 points win by 2 with a 17 point cap
or 20 minutes running time or at the end of any overtime, with a maximum of
3 overtimes. If the game is tied at the end of 3 overtimes, 1 player from each
team will be selected to shoot a free-throw to determine the winning team.
(i.e.: Player 1 of Team A vs. Player 1 of Team B will shoot one free-throw. If
no determining shot, Player 2 of Team A vs Player 2 of Team B will continue
with one free-throw, etc. until winner is established.) The clock will stop the
last 2 minutes of the game on dead balls if the game is within 5 points.
- 7th grade through adult games will be played to 21 points win by 2 with a 23
point cap or 20 minutes running time. The clock will stop the last 2 minutes
of the game on dead balls if the game is within 5 points.
- Overtime: If the game ends in a tie after regulation time there will be 1 minute
overtime until one team wins (cap rule is in effect. Example: Regulation time
runs out and score is tied at 22, this would mean next basket wins). All end of
regulation time rules apply for overtime. No game ends by sudden death.
Scoring - 1 point for a basket inside the 3 point line
- 2 points for a basket behind the 3 point line
- 1 point for a free throw
(1) One minute time out (Time will stop) per game.
Possession to start the game or any over time will be a coin toss.
Games will start at scheduled time. No grace period. A team must have 2 players to
start a game, the 3rd player may enter game on a dead ball or after a made basket.
Defense gets all jump balls.
Substitutions can be made after made baskets and on dead balls.
Any roster change needs to be approved by Chazaq Committee prior to play.
The ball must be checked from the check zone after all made baskets and on all dead
- The “check zone” is the area at the top of the key (lane lines extended) behind
- Defense on the ball during a “check” must stay inside the 3 point
the 3 point line. On a checked ball, the ball must be passed by the person who
checked it. (He/she may not dribble or shoot the ball until a team mate has had
line…however; the defense on the other two players may defend past the 3
The ball must be “taken back” behind the 3 point line on each and every change of
possession. A violation will occur only if a basket is made by the team failing to
properly “take it back” and will result in loss of that point scored and possession will
go to the other team. “Taking it Back” means both feet and the ball must go behind
the 3 point line.
“Courtakers” will referee all games. Adult divisions may choose to officiate their
Fouls - Prior to game, adults can agree to check ball instead of shooting free-throws.
- Non shooting fouls 1-6 = Keep possession/check ball
- Non shooting fouls 7 and up and all shooting fouls = one free throw
If the free throw is made it will be a change of possession.
If it is missed, team shooting will retain possession and check ball.
If a player is fouled while in the act of shooting a 3-pointer,
player will get 2 free-throws.
If player makes at least one of the free-throws, a change of
possession will occur.
If player misses both free throws they keep possession, unless
the game is in the last 2 minutes.
- An offensive foul results in loss of possession.
- An offensive foul with a made basket results in the loss of the made basket
- Players have 5 seconds to shoot a free throw.
- Intentional fouls and technical fouls will result in 2 points and the ball.
Shooting Foul is one free throw
- If basket was made (and-one):
- If basket was missed:
and loss of possession.
Made or Missed free throw is change of possession.
Made free throw is change of possession
Missed free throw, team keeps the ball
During the last two minutes of the game, all missed free throws will
result in a change of possession.
No Swearing, taunting or other inappropriate behavior. Unsportsmanlike play can
result in A) technical foul and /or B) ejection from the game and/or the tournament.
Medals to be awarded to 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place and Consolation Champs.